Thursday, June 11, 2009

"it's only malibu"

Last Saturday Joey and I went to finish some baby shopping and then went out to dinner. We decided to go to the Champps in Woodbury. As a side note, as far as drinking I haven't really "missed it" as far as the alcohol part of it. What I miss is the variety in things I can drink. There are only so many kiddie cocktails a girl can take! Juice is ok, and I have been doing Kool-Aid since it's (kind of) summer time, but I am really missing more choices!!

So anyway, we're at Champps and on the last page of their drink menu is a section of non-alcoholic drinks called "Student Council". I ordered a Mango Raspberry Freeze. When it came to the table it was in a pint glass (fine) with a Smirnoff logo on it (which I thought odd for a non-alcoholic drink). I took a few sips and thought that there was alcohol in it...which is kinda hard to tell b/c it was fruity and fruity blended drinks never have much alcohol taste in them anyway (I still think that Cranberry juice tastes like cheap vodka b/c that's the only way I ever drank it). So I had Joey taste it and he thought he tasted vodka (I assured him it wasn't vodka, and didn't know how he thought that as I have maybe seen him drink vodka twice in five years?!?). So I re-read the ingredients and saw that there should have been whip cream on top...so now I am thinking the server just grabbed the wrong drink. We flagged her down and I asked her if she could check with the bartender to double check the non-alcoholness of the drink. She came back and was like, "I am so sorry...the barback was helping the bartender and he made the drink and he said he put Malibu in it b/c (yeah, get this...), 'doesn't everything have Malibu in it?' " WTF, uh NO! The server was saying at least "it was only Malibu"...yeah, I guess..."it was only her spatial reasoning skills" that she lost. The barback was all worried and asked if the person was underage and the server said, "no, but she pregnant." Ok, I know drinking half an inch of a blended fruity drink with Malibu isn't going to do anything, but it's the principle! AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN COMP ME THE DRINK!! So that's my story of the day!

Tomorrow I am having my pregnancy photo shoot with Katrina and I am really excited! I should be able to get a few pics up by the end of this weekend so you can all see the wonder of the belly!

2 comments:

  1. I drank all through my pregnancy, and Ainsley is only half dumb, we're fine....JUST KIDDING! I'm glad you caught that drink before you downed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally nicknaming your daughter Malibu

    ReplyDelete