Monday, June 1, 2009

i love my life

I have the greatest family and friends. Really. I don't think I have the right font to even express this :-) I had such a great (and tiring) weekend and so many people did so much work to make things perfect for me. I know how much energy it takes to pull off these events, so I truly appreciate all of the work everyone put into them. Thank you!

On Saturday I had a shower thrown by my cousins Kelly, Emily, Elizabeth and Noelle. Here they are at work:
The spread was wonderful (I think the taco dip was licked off of the pan) and the craft was cute! Most of you know, I am not a game person so they did a onesie craft with fabric markers and paints. My favorites were by Debi ("Juliette for President '44") and Noelle (I still live with my parents). I also got a Frog and Toad book from my aunt Becky, with a matching blanket that she made!
Here is a picture of me with my hostesses (and a few of their kids!):

On Sunday I had a shower thrown by my friends, Laura and Katrina. It was at Laura's house in St. Louis Park, wich made my "wrong side of the river friends" very happy! They did an AWESOME job! We had Mommatini's when we walked in and the food was super good (I had a few plates full, and picked right off of the table too!). This is a pic of the food at the end...We spent out time out on the deck enjoying the hot sun! The craft at this party was so cool...they made blocks for Juliette and everyone got to decorate one. Then they are going to shillack (no idea how to spell this!) them and I can display them on the hutch and Juliette can play with them. It was really fun to watch everyone make them!We sat out on the deck to open presents. Here is the little polo onesie that Kristine got for Juliette to wear on our Disney trip this year (hard to see, but it's Tinkerbell's head and then it says "Juliette" on it!). You can also see the blanket that she knitted next to me on the bench...it turned out great!Then Laura, crafty as ever (she got it form her mom who is knitting a sweater for the baby), made a nice quilt, also has soem Tinkerbell on it: And here is a group shot- Casey and Amber had already left :-(


Here is a quick belly shot of me and Lindsey (we took one at her shower when I wasn't pregnant, so it was much more fun to take one when we are BOTH pregnant!):

It was pretty much the perfect weekend and I coudn't have asked for anything more. I am very lucky and am SO looking forward to sharing Juliette with everyone! Thank you all so much!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the inspiration to hit the gym, holy COW there is no excuse for me to still look pregnant...I should have stood with you and Lindsey in that last picture...grrrr.

    ReplyDelete