Sunday, April 25, 2010

a weekend with no plans is expensive

So this weekend Joey and I were pretty excited because we had nothing planned. This is a rare occurance. Joey had a long week so I asked my parents if I could drop Juliette off on Friday night to take him on a date. This did not count as our monthly drop off, it was a bonus! I had been bragging about how awesome Juliette is in the morning, so this gave them a chance to see her in the morning- it was really more for them :-) Anyway, I told Joey I would take him out wherever he wanted and he picked Tria. It's a restaurant that we tried out for brunch one day b/c we had a gift card and we liked it so he wanted to give it a go for dinner. It can be expensive, and it was that night, but it was good and we had a great night out together!

Saturday Joey was supposed to golf, but the rain got in the way of that. He did go to the course and wait it out for a bit, but finally gave up! I had planned on going to my parents while he was at golf, so I headed over there b/c I had to get Juliette anyway! My mom suggested that we go shopping, so I suggested the MOA to find a new bathing suit for Juliette. My dad came with us and we all shopped. And shopped...we got a lot done (spent) in the little over an hour we were there. We found the bathing suit I wanted for Juliette, and more, at Baby Gap. I had picked out a few things and Gramma took them from me and said they would buy them. Who am I to argue? The swimsuit is on the left and I love it b/c it has a hood to protect her little head from the sun (we leave for Vegas on the 5th). The other two oufits are just cute. Grampa picked out the dress in the middle!
Gymboree happened to be next door, so that got me too! The bathing suit on the left is actually from Gap- got it for $7. The middle onesie is from Gymboree and so is the outfit on the right...it's a light blue shirt with jeans and they have little fish on them. Really cute! Juliette LOVES to shop...anything you hold up and ask if she likes- you'll get a smile! It's fun to shop with her- but be prepared to spend some money! I also bought myself my overpriced jeans for losing weight (down 15 lbs! wahoo!). They were at the Nordstrom Rack, so they weren't as expensive as they could've been, but still 3 figures :-) But if I can buy a size 4, I'll pay that all day! ha! We're going to get Joey a pair next weekend- he's lost 36 pounds!

Sunday Joey woke up to go work out and Juliette and I got to play! When he got home we headed to Macy's because I had some stuff to return (which I actually forgot to bring and had to go back during her nap!). We got up there at 10:30, but the mall doesn't open until 11, so we got a Caribou and then noticed Kohls was open b/c they were having a sale. I am a sucker for a sale. Here is what we picked up at Kohls (I CAN NOT get this stupid pic to rotate on here...ugh!):
*Mommy's Little Sparkler tank (I LOVE sparklers!!!)
*Cute star shirt...we're thinking a nice flag day shirt
*Frames for a pic with mommy and daddy
*Mirror stickers for on the wall in the playroom (I had actually been looking for something like this)
*Apple scent thing to try to mask the poopy smell that can get in her room
*Minnie drinking cup (not pictured)
*New sleepsack b/c she needed a bigger one (the only really necessary purchase made today)
Then since Gap was an extra 40% off of clearance (I knew his from yesterday at the MOA), I peeked in there. Oops! The sales were sweet and I managed to get myself a pair of jeans and a hoodie for $20! Juliette made out with a few more things:
*Jelly sandals
*PJ's
*Jeans (12-18 months...buying ahead!)
*bucket hat with strap (wanted this for vegas)
*cute onesie with a bug on it (says hi on the frony, bye on the back...seriously, I pretty much had to get that! ha!)
*blue striped leggings- because they were $3
*solid navy leggings $6
*pink stripped dress- b/c she smiled AND grabbed at this. done.
I will probably spend Monday night trying to figure out how to pay for all of it! Yay for the 3 paycheck month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment