Saturday, July 4, 2009

perfect

My life is perfect (see last post!!). I couldn't be and more happy or lucky. Everything has exceeded expectations and gone awesome. I will try to highlight a few things (hopefully this will avoid some really long paragraphs that I have already told to many of you--if you want the long version you can give me a call!)...
1. Women now hate me. I pushed for 10 minutes. Literally. I started at 11pm and she was born at 11:10. My exact words when she came out we "That was it. That was easy." (note: the epidural should get some mad props for this). I did have a small tear...one stitch.

2. Joey is awesome. He LOVES his baby girl. You can just see it in him. He is very eager to hold her and soothe her. His schedule had been turned upside down in the past week from work and this early delivery turned it around even more.

3. My mom rocks. Most of you know this, but I had to put it out there anyway! This would be many paragraphs long...

4. My dad probably wins the award for the most emotional.

5. Brent and Kristine have been great! They were here the whole night on Thursday and stopped by a few time yesterday too. They have really been racking the miles up on their car! (fyi, if you didn't already know, they live 2 stop signs from the hospital too!)

6. When I delivered on Thursday, I basically did it during one shift, so I had the same nurse, Andrea. She was GREAT! I was very lucky to have her! The other nurses here have been really good too, but she was the best!

7. Juliette's pediatrician is an old neighbor from when I was like 4, Dr. Balfanz. His daughter and I were bff's back then. On Friday the on call doctor to come see Juliette was actually MY pediatrician who I had (Dr. Coyne)! It was fun to see him. I expected to see him again today, but in walked Dr. Balfanz!!! His daughter had called him and told him I delivered (she knew through the magic of facebook) so he called Dr. Coyne and said to stay home, that he was going to come in! Are you kidding me? On the 4th? Who does that? How lucky are we??? (This happened about 30 minutes ago so my mom and I are still in awe over it!)

8. Back to Brent. Through the magic of oversharing, he has learned a lot in the past 2 days. He has been a good trooper with listening to it all (sometimes 2 or 3 times when different visitors come). Juliette has still earned me some immunity!

9. I kinda like being in the hospital. I had always wanted to be because I thought it would be fun for people to come and visit. So far, so good. It has been really fun to see people and more are coming today. Who doesn't love being waited on 24/7?

10. Technology is pretty cool. Joey rolls his eyes when I am constantly checking my email, texts, or facebook, but I like it! It makes me happy to share our news and read all the comments that people leave...I realize how many people we have around us and it makes me smile.

Ok, so that kind of looks like some sort of Top Ten list, but it was really just my thoughts as they came to me. Baby is on her way back from some tests, so I am going to stare at her for a while...

Thanks for the love and support!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Brent will get to learn even more amazing and gross baby related things in the next while. I loved seeing Joey's face if Juliette fussed and all he wanted to do was comfort her, both of your are going to be amazing parents.

    Though most women probably do hate you, I'm so glad you had a wonderful delivery. Epidurals are amazing! As are babies under 7lbs =)

    ReplyDelete