Sunday, February 8, 2015

MEMORIES

Today was my Grandpa Erickson's funeral.  I was sad that he passed away, but the really hard part was watching my dad.  His mom died a few years back, so now he and his brother are it!  Losing a generation is weird.  Watching my dad cry sucks...I know that is not a very eloquent word, but it just seems to fit.  It's hard to comfort people when they are in such a difficult state.  The one thing I do have that helps is the kids...they can always get a smile from Papa!

Funerals bring the task of sorting through old photos and making "the boards" for display.  There were many pictures, and the one I am going to share actually isn't even of my grandpa, but it's of my dad.  The thing that struck me about this was his cute little face and it just looked like a "Dylan face" to me...my dad was a cute kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment