Saturday, June 19, 2010

pants party

I have not been that good at working on crafts lately, and there are SO MANY that I want to do. I did talk to Laura about going up to have a craft day with her mom so that I could learn some more things (because her mom is SUPER talented), but that's not gonna be until August! So on Friday Meghan and I decided that we both had to complete a project this weekend. If we made it a "competition" then I/we knew it would get done. Since I was working off of patterns anddon't know how to stay stich, I resorted to making another pair of pants. BUT, this is not cheating because I did something totally different! I used an old shirt of mine (wish I had taken a pic of the shirt "before") and made pants. I used the hem at the bottom of my shirt to be the hem at the bottom of the pants because it was cool. I also incorporated the snaps into a cute little side snap thing on the pants. So even though I've made pants before, there was a lot of new stuff (and Meghan's husband said it counts, so I am going to take his ruling). Here they are:

close up of the snaps on the side
close up of the hem on the bottom

Plus, they fit and they look cute :-) That's always the bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment