Monday, June 21, 2010

longest day of the year!

Today is the longest day of the year...speaking in terms of daylight. It's not the latest sunset, just the most hours of daylight (thanks Brent for that fun fact). I love it because I feel like I can get so much done! Came home, had dinner with Joey and Juliette, bath time for Juliette, bedtime for Juliette...bedtime for Joey. Then it was 7:30.

So I called Brent to see if he had finished enough of his homework to be able to play tennis....and, yay, he had! So I put on some tennies, grabbed my racquet and walked down to his place. We drove to some courts that were about a mile away and played for about an hour and a half! This was the first time I had played since '08 since I was preggo with Juliette last year and didn't get out. It was SO NICE to get out and play!! Brent was decked out in all white in honor of Wimbledon. I forgot. This was always the time of year that we'd get excited to play because Wimbledon would be on TV and it would be nice out. We ended up tied at 4-4 and decided to end it that way. We both have lots to work on, but we had some fun rallies and didn't argue over any calls or get really mad. Only took 20 years :-)

capriati and agassi
(funny how we picked the druggies?!?)

Hopefully next year I can see the real thing!! I'd love to go to Wimbledon and if we go for the early rounds Juliette won't be 2 yet so she would still fly for free :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment