Monday, November 30, 2009

I CAN SEW!!!

So about a month ago I bought a sewing machine. I had never sewn anything, but wanted to... So (hahaha) I called up Laura to set up a craft date! She is my sewing/knitting educated friend (she comes from a very talented mother!). I can't believe we didn't take any pics of ourselves...must have been too busy with the wine! Anyway, I think she came over overly optimistic, not knowing my true rookie status. She brought her sewing machine so we could work on stuff at the same time....um, no, I was going to need all of her time for help!!!. So we set up the machine and I learned all kinds of new words like bobbin, foot, and right side (which does NOT mean the right "leg" of the pants...ha). We made pants...from a pattern!!! It was crazy. I also did a few things that required some troubleshooting, which was nice to have happen while she was there! My goal was to be able to make pants for me, Joey and Juliette to wear on Christmas morning. Juliette's are done, and I finished mine (even though they are huge...but now I know how to fix it!). My next project will be a dress :-) Here are some pics of what we did:

Juliette checking out my work...

My FIRST EVER project on the sewing machine...pants for my baby!
the ribbon make the pants!

Juliettes Christmas pants that I made all on my own Sunday night!Juliette modeling her new pants (over her pj's!)

So there it is, my new hobby! Can't wait to make more things!

4 comments:

  1. OK - wow. I am really impressed! I used to be able to sew when I was 12. Might have to bust out the machine again. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps- I think I should at least get a little credit on this post since the whole thing is basically inspired by me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome, but I'm not surprised. When you set your mind to something...

    I'm just bummed there was wine and comfy pants around and I wasn't there...I'll be happy to load up bobbins for you in exchange for wine =)

    ReplyDelete