Thursday, November 19, 2009

cheater

I have been working on getting Juliette into more of a routine (if you can even do that with a 4-month old). At night we usually eat at about 5:30-6 and then at 8:30 for bed. She'll usually go down for about half an hour in between. Yesterday she had a really long afternoon nap so after her 3pm feeding she didn't sleep. After the 6pm feeding she was toast! She was falling asleep on my chest when I was walking around. Joey said, "wow, that hasn't happend for a while, I bet you miss it". I did, but since I've been working on getting her to nap in the crib, I put her in...she cried for about half an hour (while Joey was trying to go to sleep). I could've let her go a little longer, but Joey is a wimp! So I took her out and rocked with her. We were in the chair for about 15 minutes and when she was really knocked out I decided to go into the tv room and sleep with her like I used to do (this is my cheating part!), thinking she would take her half hour nap and then wake up and eat and go to bed. Nope. She slept with me until 10:45! And although I know it screwed up "the schedule", I didn't care... I love my baby sleeping on me!

2 comments:

  1. it is so worth it! Those cuddle times are priceless =)

    And you can definitely get a 4 month old on a schedule, it is so nice for all involved when a steady schedule is achieved!

    ReplyDelete