Wednesday, January 14, 2015

MAMMA JULIETTE DAY

Wednesday is my day out the office (I work during naptime and at night to make up my office hours).  So on Wednesdays, I am home with Juliette, and we have dubbed the day "Mamma Juliette Day".  At the beginning of the school year I made a conscious decision to try to do something different and fun every week...not just sit around and do chores and watch movies!  So we've done lots of fun things...Children's Museum, Twins game, library, Macys 8th Floor Holiday display, movie theater, arts & Crafts, Mall of America...  We usually start with a morning at Caribou, where Juliette always seem to have the "best hot chocolate EVER!" :-)

So this week we took Caroline (her doll) out the the American Girl store for some lunch and shopping!  She said that Caroline really wanted a pet...a kitty.  Turns out that Caroline's pet, according to American Girl, IS a kitty, and his/her name is Inkspot.  I paid $22 for this.  That hurt.

Anyway, when you go to lunch, they have a little box with conversation starters...I took pictures below so I would remember the stories.  The first one was, "Who is the funniest person you know?"  She looked at me, and goes, "Moooooommmm, you know that one, it's GRAMMA!" :-)  The next one was, "Who is the smartest person you know?" and then she pointed to me.  Two for two.  The third one was to use one word to describe yourself.  She said she likes to play...and I explained that the question was asking about her personality and asked if she was kind or friendly (specifically not using "beautiful" or "pretty") and she looks at me and goes, "loveable"...three for three kid.  Man, I just loved that answer!!



We also had a few points left over from our last visit to Nick Universe, so owe could go one a few rides.  I BEGGED her to go on the (kiddie) rollercoaster.  She is my scared-of-big-rides child.  I also may have bribed her, but either way, we went on the ride together.  The left is a picture of her clutching my arm before the ride started.  The picture on the right is her standing and smiling and proud that she went on the rollercoaster.  In her words, it was "AWESOME!"

Love my Mamma Juliette Days with this girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment