Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grand Old Day

I have never been to Grand Old Day...as a "regular" person. From the time I was 13, I think I worked every Grand Old Day until I was about 25...I had friends work with me, I had kids I coached work with me...I pretty much dragged everyone into it! After missing the last few years (Joey doesn't really care for the crowds...doesn't like the State Fair either...yeah, I know, what a weirdo!), this year we were back at it--in the parade!! Juliette made her Grand Old Day debut on the Green Mill float (which really was the back of a truck...). I sat in the back with 5 kids as they threw candy out to the parade-goers. It was fun and Juliette did pretty well for sitting in a truck for and hour and a half!! Thes rest of the day she kept talking about the "big truck" and saying "hi" to the kids :-) So cute!!


Juliette and Izzy getting ready for Fox 9

say cheese! getting into the truck stealing some mints! let's go! waving at the kids just sayin' starting to feel the effects of the heat maybe we should just rest for the last 15 minutes of the parade after some lunch, we enjoyed a root beer float
trying for a nice pic...but the allure of ice cream beats out mamma mmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment