Wednesday, June 1, 2011

errands

It amazes me how much Juliette remembers. She knows Papa's house when we're turning onto Wheelock. She knows Cream Cone as "treat" and we've only been there like twice. She knows when we turn for Karen's (daycare). It's hard to put something by her! So when our playdate on Wednesday got cancelled and we headed out to do a bunch of errands, she knew the drill! First was the bank, which she knows when we drive by or turn in the parking lot...she also knows that she gets a sucker when we go there. Then it was off to Target where she knows she gets a sticker at the checkout. She also says "target" when she sees the stores and says "ball" when we walk up to the doors (you know those big red balls they have outside the store...). She looks a bit out of it as she was about to get pink eye in this pic... Usually at this point I would get a Caribou, which I didn't, but when we get in that drive through she says, "mamma's cup" :-) So then we headed to the mall b/c I had something to return (and let's be honest, I bought her a few summer outfits too). She knows the mall...very well (to be fair, it is super close to us so we drive by it all the time). In the mall is a big carousel so she always wants to say "hi" to the horsies. She is in a phase where she only wants to say "hi" and if I ask if she wants to ride she says, "no"...which is cheaper for me! But I really wanted to ride with her (who is the kid here?), so I semi-forced her to go on. She was NOT wanting to sit on a horse, but on the top level (yeah, double decker- maplewood doesn't skimp out!) there is a swing so we sat on that and she LOVED it...a swing AND horsies...overload!! (Sorry about the crappy pic from my phone...)

No comments:

Post a Comment