Sunday, February 28, 2010

playroom

So obviously Juliette has taken over our house. We even moved the big tv downstairs to make room for all of her toys and stuff. I really wish we had a basement!! So anyway, we turned he tv room upstairs (formally know as "Joey's Room") into a playroom for her. I wish I had taken some "before" pics, but oh well.

This is one side of the room. I bought these huge frames at Target, mostly to cover up all the holes from the shelves that we had on the wall! It worked pretty well. It was hard to narrow Juliette to just- haha- 32 pictures! In the middle of the pics I made a "J" with different fabrics wrapped around a block letter...not loving it yet, but my intentions were good! The swing will probably be able to be put away soon, but there really isn't anywhere to put it so for now it stays! The cabinet has some of my sewing stuff in it and will either need to be cleaned out or locked shut! To the left of the cabinet is a little Tinkerbell chair that I bought as an impulse buy the other day- super tacky, but it's still cute!

This would be the view from the closet, if you were ever to stand in there. I just wanted to get a view of as much of the room as I could. We got it down to one couch, but usually we're on the floor!
The pride of the room! When it was the tv room we had mafia movie posters hanging up and I just didn't feel that was appropriate...so Meghan and I worked on some posters together. We think they turned out FABULOUS and wonder why other people don't seem to care as much?!? She even ordered some for Harrison's playroom. They are just awesome! Underneath the posters you will notice Juliette in her jumpy thing (that she LOVES), and our make-shift toy box (tables with the bins underneath). Her little LeapFrog toy is in the pic too...


Here are some "action shots" from some of her play time, before the room was finished:

this is daddy's toy that he bought when she was 2 months old because he saw a commercial for it! it's a fun one!
helping daddy put the balls away
i'll be honest, i took his shot because i liked the back of her dress...but you can also notice she is trying to push the button that makes the toy go!
my second grade teacher sent us a giftcard for Juliette and I felt that I should used it towards something educational. they have this toy at daycare and Karen said Juliette liked it, so i got it! it's pretty cool and she can entertain herself for a while with it, so we love it too!!



So there it is! Come over and play anytime you want! We're here!

1 comment:

  1. I sent my extra poster (original colors) home with Annie so now there are 3 houses with the alphabet poster! yay!

    ReplyDelete