Saturday, March 20, 2010

biggest loser


Joey and I are losers :-) For six weeks now we have been eating some meals out of the Biggest Loser cookbook and just generally counting our calories. Joey gave up regular pop and entire frozen pizzas. I gave up candy and cookies at work as well at the high calorie lunches that were so accessible. Some things have been hard, but we have also found some really good meals! We also have a cheat day every week and have enjoyed Wildfire, Ichiban's, Joey's birthday dinner at my parents, Wine and Cheese night...there is usually an occasion or something planned on the weekend that works out! This weekend we are going to Tria for brunch b/c I have a giftcard I need to use before the end of the month! So, as much as my brother is sick of us talking about it, it has worked!
It all started when Joey said he didn't understand why he worked out and didn't lose weight. I said pizza and mountain dew! So he said, ok, I'll give you one month and I'll eat whatever you tell me to...just no ground turkey (we tried that once...neither of us liked it!). So after a month of results we just kept going! Saturday morning is our weigh-in date. So after 6 weeks, this morning Joey weighed in down 23 pounds!! He is only 10 away from his goal! I weighed in down 10 pounds, and hit my first goal! My super goal is 5 more pounds- which would bring me to wedding weight! I am already lower than before I was preggo, so that is cool.
It's nice to be losers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment